Are you experiencing issues with your Hoover tumble dryer and suspect that the 7uf capacitor is the problem? Look no further, as we have all the information you need about this essential component of your appliance.
What is a 7uf capacitor and how does it work?
A capacitor is an electronic component that stores electrical energy. In a tumble dryer, the 7uf capacitor is responsible for providing a boost of energy to the motor when starting. It acts as a temporary reservoir, delivering a surge of electricity that helps the motor turn over and get the drum spinning.
Symptoms of a faulty 7uf capacitor
When the 7uf capacitor in your Hoover tumble dryer is faulty, you may experience a range of issues. These include:
- Your tumble dryer not starting at all
- Your tumble dryer making a humming sound, but not spinning
- Your tumble dryer drum spinning slowly or irregularly
- Your tumble dryer stopping mid-cycle
Replacing your 7uf Hoover capacitor
If you have identified that the 7uf capacitor is the issue, it is important to replace it promptly to avoid further damage to your tumble dryer. Replacing the 7uf capacitor is a relatively simple process that can be done at home with a little know-how.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Turn off the power to your tumble dryer and unplug it from the wall.
- Remove the top panel of your tumble dryer, which should be held in place by screws at the back.
- Locate the 7uf capacitor, which should be easy to identify by its cylindrical shape and two wires connected to it.
- Take a photo of the wiring to help you remember how to reconnect it later.
- Carefully remove the two wires from the 7uf capacitor by pulling them off the terminals.
- Using a pair of pliers, gently wiggle the 7uf capacitor back and forth to loosen it from its holder.
- Once the 7uf capacitor is free, take note of its size and voltage rating.
- Order a replacement 7uf capacitor from a reputable supplier, ensuring that it matches the size and voltage rating of the original.
- When the replacement capacitor arrives, insert it into the holder and reconnect the two wires, ensuring that they are attached to the correct terminals.
- Replace the top panel of your tumble dryer and screw it back into place.
- Plug your tumble dryer back in and test it to ensure that it is working properly.
A faulty 7uf capacitor can cause a range of issues with your Hoover tumble dryer, but it is a simple fix that you can do at home with a little knowledge and the right replacement part. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can get your tumble dryer up and running again in no time.
Need a new capacitor visit this link: 7uf Capacitor For Hoover Tumble Dryer